William Bonney, M.D.
Providing Top-Tier Pediatric Cardiac Care in Philadelphia and South Jersey
Dr. Bonney is the founder and director of Premier Pediatric Cardiology. He provides unbiased, compassionate care to children and adolescents of all ages.
He graduated from college at Northwestern University, and attended medical school at the Medical College of Ohio in his hometown of Toledo. He went on to complete a Pediatric Residency at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, IL, and completed his Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship at Columbia University / Children's Hospital of New York in New York City. Dr. Bonney spent an additional year of fellowship in Pediatric Cardiac Electrophysiology and Arrhythmias at the Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt in Nashville, TN. Prior to founding Premier Pediatric Cardiology, Dr. Bonney was on staff at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia where he practiced general Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatric Electrophysiology for over seven years.
Dr. Bonney is a Board Certified Pediatric Cardiologist, having passed certification in Pediatrics (2006) and Pediatric Cardiology (2009). He is an associate editor for the journal, Pediatric Cardiology.
Dr. Bonney has a special interest in arrhythmias and electrophysiology, including:
- Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT)
- Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
- Long QT Syndrome
- Heart Block
- Sudden Cardiac Death
Dr. Bonney has Staff Privileges at the following hospitals:
- The Children's Hospital at Montefiore
He has over seven years of experience in performing cardiac procedures including:
- Electrophysiolgy (EP) Studies)
- Catheter Ablation for supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) / ventricular tachycardia (VT)
- Pacemaker Implantation and Revision
- Implantable Cardiverter Defibrillator (ICD) Insertion and Revision
- Transesophageal Pacing
- Implantable Loop Recorder (ILR) Insertion and Monitoring